MAYVILLE COMMUNITY SCHOOLS
REASON FOR REQUEST
* To maintain the same millage funding that voters have approved since 1994 – THERE WILL BE NO COST RATE INCREASE TO HOMEOWNERS
* To get full per student operational dollars (currently $6,846) that the state authorizes under Proposal A
* If this election is not successful, the district will lose approximately $633,000 of funding for next school year.
* At the JUNE 26 special school election school district voters will be asked to vote on an Operating Millage Proposal which exempts principal residence and other property exempted by law.
* This vote would allow the district to continue to collect the same 18 mills which voters have approved since 1994 on non-homestead property such as apartment buildings, rental homes, vacation properties, and commercial/industrial properties.
* The proposal is for 4 years and would allow the school district to continue to levy the statutory rate on all property, except principal residence and other property exempted by law, required for the school district to receive its revenue per pupil foundation allowance.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
* A SUCCESSFUL VOTE WILL RESULT IN NO COST INCREASE TO HOMEOWNERS.
* The impact on non-homestead property including apartment buildings, rental homes, vacation properties, some vacant land, and commercial/industrial property will be:
no change in the rate they are currently paying.
HOW DO I OBTAIN AN ABSENTEE BALLOT?
* Applications are now available at Fremont Township Hall
* Fill out the application and return it to the drop box at Fremont Township Hall
* Ballots will be mailed to you
* Ballots may be returned:
• anytime, including up to 8:00 p.m. on the day of the election, to the Fremont Township Hall.
• by mail to Fremont Township Hall no later than June 23rd
• to the Fremont Township Hall on Saturday, June 23rd until 2:00 p.m. The hall will be open to accommodate those unable to return ballots through the mail or during weekday business hours.
WHEN AND WHERE DO I VOTE?
* Date: Tuesday, June 26, 2012
* Poll Location: EVERYONE will vote at the FREMONT TOWNSHIP HALL
* 4850 Mertz Road, Mayville
* Polls Open: 7 a.m. to 8 p.m.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT RHONDA BLACKBURN, SUPERINTENDENT (989)843-6115 EXT.6221