Barn Blaze Extinguished


By Mary Drier
Staff Writer
KINGSTON — A lawnmower is being blamed for a fire that damaged part of a barn Wednesday afternoon.
“The homeowner had mowed the lawn and put the mower away in the barn. When she came back out, it was on fire,” said Kingston Fire Chief Jeff Mallory.
Tuscola Central Dispatch called Kingston firefighters to the barn fire at 3815 S. Kingston Rd. around 1 p.m. The property belongs to Bill and Ann Herron.
“It was a fluke,” said Mallory about the fire’s cause.
The front part of the barn was destroyed. The fire was contained to that section so the cattle in the other part of the barn weren’t harmed.
“The front part is a total loss. There was a four-wheeler in that section, the mower, tractor tires, propane tanks, tools and such,” said Mallory.
“At this point there is no (dollar) estimate of loss. They have insurance.”
Besides the Kingston Fire Department, the Mayville, Caro and Marlette fire departments also responded, as did the Kingston Police Department.

What’s your Reaction?
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0
+1
0